Thursday, March 15, 2012

Attitude is Everything


I’ve learned over the past few weeks that attitude is everything!

Over spring break I had an interview for a job that I really wanted. However, I knew that there was a good chance that I would not get the job due to being unqualified. I went into the interview with a positive attitude though. I figured that even if I didn’t get the job that it would be a good learning experience.

My mindset truly made the difference! I didn’t get the job, but I really enjoyed myself. It was a wonderful networking opportunity, and I am better prepared for applying next year now.

If I had gone in with a different attitude my experience would have been much different. I might have been mad or upset. The experience could have made me more apprehensive about applying to future jobs. Since I went into the interview thinking of it as a learning experience then no matter what happened it was great!

I’ve learned over the past year that I can pick the attitude I have about situations. I can choose to be happy or upset. Last year was sort of difficult for me. It was freshman year—everything was supposed to be great: my best friend from home was my roommate, I had my major picket out, and I was at a great Christian university.  Over the course of the first semester almost everything changed. My best friend decided to move home. After three days I found out that I hated my major. I was also beginning to question whether staying at the Christian school was right.

I became extremely upset and I just didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. I became very pessimistic.

I realize now that if had just had a different outlook on the situation I would have had a much better first year of college.

I truly believe though that attitude is everything !

No comments:

Post a Comment