Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cheese with that Whine?


A few weeks ago, my friend Jimbo and I watched a stand-up comedy show.  Most of the humor was not exactly my favorite, but there was one thing the comedian said that has stuck with me.

Americans are so well off that we have to make up things to complain about.

That statement really resonated with me, and made me question my actions.
- Are the things I complain about worth complaining about?
- Am I truly thankful for all of the blessings that I do have?
- Do I rejoice about the things that I have or do I complain more about things?

The more I thought about it the more I began to realize how grateful I should be for the things I have.

The summer of 2009 I went to Jamaica for a mission trip. During this trip my group saw poverty, but we also saw joy. Even though the children we meet lived in homes that most Americans could never imagine living in, they were full of joy.

What is wrong with America’s youth? When did it become cool to made fun of things and complain about others?

Common Stupid Complaints Heard At College:
- Ugh! I have so much homework
- I’m so sick of this cafeteria food
- I hate morning classes
- ect…

When I think about it I realize that a lot of the things that most Americans complain about doesn’t really matter. I’m positive that there are people in other parts of the world that would be grateful for the things that Americans complain about.

From now I plan think of the privileges I do have instead of complaining about insignificant things I don’t have.

1 comment: