Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dorothy It's a Tornado...Where's Your Cell Phone


On Friday night, I was at my friend’s house.

I a muggy day, it sort of looked like it was going to rain, but other than that it was a beautiful day and evening, that is until…

The tornado came.

Okay, it didn’t actually come, but her mom made us go in their cellar just in case.

I’d never been in a cellar before, so that was kind of exciting. But I really I was a bit frightened.

My friend and her family kept talking about a really bad tornado that happened a couple of years ago. They said that it was a mile wide and took out almost a whole town – at least one hundred people died.

I was not ready to die.

Just in case I thought, I’d better text my brother to see if he was okay.

Problem: my phone died.

My phone never dies, so of course it would happen right when I needed it most.

Well to make the story short…
1. I didn’t die
2. I charged my phone
3. I called my brother
4. We both lived
5. There wasn’t even a tornado

Lesson: always charge you’re phone, you never know when you might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment