Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Believe You


For some reason I believe almost everything people tell me. I guess I’m just an honest people and I assume that all other people are the same way.

Well, they’re not.

Over the past few weeks I can think of numerous times people have made of stories and for some reason I just believe them.

Probably the best story is:

It was around 9pm on a weeknight. I was on the phone in an intense conversation when suddenly I hear a knock on my dorm room door. I yelled, “hold on, I’m on the phone.”  

The knocking doesn’t stop. It turns into pounding. Then I heard a panicked voice, “Crystal, Crystal open the door! It’s an emergency!”

I open the door and my friend Brit comes pushing/falling in.

She had blood dripping from the side of her head.

I screamed and practically dropped my phone.

Then she started laughing. It was just fake blood. The worst part is she and the other girls she was with filmed the entire thing, and I’m the only one, out of all the people they pranked, who screamed.

That’s probably the best story, but it certainly isn’t the only story.

I believe a lot of things.

So I’m beginning to learn that not all people can be trusted, and that every situation can and should be evaluated and tested.

1 comment: