The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25) was spoken on today in chapel. The
speaker said that you have to work with what you have. He said, if you
can’t even use the one talent God has given you then why would you ask for more?
That got me thinking…
- Do I use all of my talents to their fullest extent?
- Am I using my talents to please the Lord?
Sometime I just feel like cruising thru life only doing the
things that I know that I can succeed at. I don’t even want to try the things
that might be challenging. I might fail, and I HATE failing. I’ve begun to realize however, that you have to try if you
ever want to succeed.
A few weeks ago I was talking to my dad. I told him how
unmotivated and discouraged I was.
I said that I just wanted to give up and that I wasn’t even going to try
out for the position that I wanted. I knew that I wouldn’t get it. He told me, you’re right you won’t get
it if you don’t try. Then he said:
“Even a blind squirrel
finds a nut sometimes.”
At first I was a bit confused when he said this, but then I
realized that you really have to work for what you want or else you will be
miserable like a starving blind squirrel.
You have to work with what you’ve got to get what you want.
Lesson: Don't be a starving blind squirrel
No comments:
Post a Comment