This week I learned that friendship means doing things for
others without any benefit to one’s self.
As and an art student I have a few classes in the
dilapidated Fine Arts Building that is approximately half a mile from the rest
of campus. One of the classes that
I’m talking is Watercolor. This
class required that I go to the Fine Arts Building on my own time and paint.
Problem:
1. This building freaks me out.
2. I had to go at night…even freakier
Solution:
My wonderful friend, who I will call A&W, volunteered to
go with me to the building. She
asked for nothing in return and came joyful. She had to sit in the room with me for two hours but she
didn’t complain. Not even when the
workers and the security guard started talking about all the different kinds of
meat the love such as tongue, liver, and other disgusting things.
Later when I apologized and for taking so long and thanking
her for coming she said with a smile,
“That’s what friends do for each other.”
This statement made me think about my own life…
- Do I live for me
- Am I willing to do something just for the sake of someone
else
No comments:
Post a Comment